If there is one thing we have seen a lot of in the past few months it has been hard drive docks, external devices that allow you to plug in a SATA hard drive connect it to your computer via USB or eSATA. We have reviewed 3 of them already and they all are pretty much the same design. Today we will be looking at one from Icy Dock that is quite unique and is actually very portable as well. Let’s see if the MB881US-1S-1 is the best hard drive dock out of the mix.
– Compatible with both 3.5″ & 2.5″ SATA I/II hard drive support hot swap.
– Support eSATA connection for maximum SATA performance.
– Plug & Play USB 2.0 quick connection for any computer system.
– User friendly Screw-less design just plug in the hard drive and play.
– On/off switch allows hard drive life expendability and energy conservation.
– Exposed working HDD stands in the air vertically with fast heat radiating.
– Aluminum alloy stand is detachable for portable use.
– Protective pouch protect your HDD and important data when using as portable 2.5″ enclosure.
– Design for PC & Mac systems.
The MB881US-1S-1 comes packaged in clear clamshell packaging that is extremely hard to open up! On the back there is a list of specifications.
After I finally got the clamshell packaging open inside I found the MB881US-1S-1 and a box of accessories. The accessories include: a power cable, USB cable, eSATA cable, eSATA PCI bracket and a carrying case.
Oct 06, 2015 0