Author: Bob Buskirk
We are back with another hard drive enclosure from ICY DOCK! This enclosure is a dual bay enclosure so you will not only be able to install 2 hard drives, but also have those hard drives in a RAID configuration. The external enclosure supports 3 different connections, USB 2.0, eSATA and Firewire so no matter what system you are using this enclosure will be compatible. Installation in this enclosure takes less than a minute thanks to to tool-less design. The enclosure I am talking about is the MB662USEB-2S-1 from ICY DOCK. Read on as we take a look!
- Support 3TB in each slot for all 4 RAID modes for up to 6TB of storage.
- Front LED indicator light to monitor disk function in case of failure in RAID 1 (SAFE).
- Support 2 x 3.5” SATA I / II / III hard drives for maximum storage.
- Plug & Play USB 2.0 (480 Mbps) + eSATA (3 Gbps) + FireWire 800 (800 Mbps) interfaces with OXFORD946 chipset.
- Built-in hardware RAID controller allows four different RAID configurations: RAID 0 (FAST), RAID 1 (SAFE), JBOD, & BIG. Exception: JBOD mode via eSATA needs an eSATA portmulitplier to recognize both drives
- No additional software and hardware required.
- High performance 40 mm Sunon MAGLev cooling fan with adjustable speed control for ultra-quiet operation.
- Tool-Less design for easy hard drive upgrade or replacement.
- Solid aluminum body construction for portability, heat dissipation and extra protection.
- Built in security slot for security cable kit.
- Compatible with Mac OS X Time Machine.
- Designed for media professionals using Mac or PC systems.
- Limited 3 year warranty to complement the typical warranty of a hard drive.
The MB662USEB-2S-1 comes in ICY DOCK’s typical retail packaging. On the front of the package there is a photo of the enclosure in action and on the back are all of the specifications.
Opening the box up inside you will find the MB662USEB-2S-1 enclosure, power adapter, USB 2.0 cable, eSATA cable, Firewire cable and instructions.
To give you a good idea of how the MB662USEB-2S-1 comes and for a brief overview check out our unboxing video below.