Large volume external storage has also been and will remain to be popular just for the fact that many people do not have room inside their cases for extra hard drives. Also external storage allows you to easily use that storage on multiple systems with minimal effort. With the introduction of eSATA external drives can now be just as fast as internal drives so we have seen quite a few eSATA external enclosures released lately. Today we will be taking a look at the MB561US-4S-1 Quad Bay External Enclosure from ICY DOCK that features an internal port multiplier and both eSATA and USB 2.0 connections. Let’s take a look…
– 3 Speed Adjustable Cooling Fan, including auto setting featuring Smart Cooling Technology
– 4 Bay 3.5” SATA I / II removable external hard drive enclosure support SATA hot-swap.
– Backplane with 1x high speed USB 2.0 and 1x e-SATA ports (port multiplier).
– Plug & Play USB 2.0 quick connection for any computer system.
– Multi-drive exchangeability & maintenance capabilities with simple removal of drive tray.
– White LED light indicates power and HDD access.
– Aluminum alloy body covering with distinctive design and protection.
– Shock absorption HDD tray design making the HDD stable while in operations.
– Detachable 80mm ball bearing rear cooling fan for easy maintenance
– Built-in fan-less power supply, making it a quiet device.
– Rubber padded soles for scratch protection.
– Mac mini design concept.
|ICY DOCK MB561US-4S-1 4 Bay 3.5”SATA to eSATA (Port Multiplier) and USB Aluminum HDD Enclosure for Mac & PC|
|Item Number: Pearl White||MB561US-4S-1|
|Host Interface||eSATA + USB2.0 combo|
|I/O port||1 x e-SATA (port multiplier) ports, 1 x USB 2.0 port|
|Drive Fit||4 x 3.5” SATA I & II|
|Drive Type||Standalone with vertical positioning|
|Transfer Rate||eSATA up to 3Gb/Sec|
|USB 2.0 up to 480Mb/Sec|
|Insert & Extract connection Via||15 pin direct hard drive connection|
|Structure||Aluminum body w/ partial plastic|
|Drive Cooling||Rear outtake fan w/ adjustable fan speed control|
|Cooling Fan||80 x 80 x 25mm ball bearing fan|
|LED Indication||Device power & drive activity|
|LED Display Color||Mini White|
|OS Requirement||Windows 98/SE/ME/2000/XP ; Mac OS 9.0 or higher|
|eSATA Port Multiplier|
|PCI-Express / Express Card /|
PCI-X Host Bus Adapter with eSATA connector /
Onboard eSATA connector that support port multiplier function
|Plug & play||Yes|
|Power Supply Voltage||12V / 6A , 5V / 8A , 112W (12V PEAK 12A)|
|Power ON / OFF||Built in Switch|
|Dimension (L x W x H)||234.9×141×175 mm|
The MB561US-4S-1 comes in a very nice retail box that isn’t much larger than the device itself. On the front there is a picture of the enclosure with a clear opening showing the top bay of the actual drive. On the back there is a picture of the back of the unit with a clear opening that shows the actual exhaust fan.
On the other side of the package there is a diagram outlining some of the features of the MB561US-4S-1. Finally on the last side of the package there is a list of specifications, which we have listed above.
Opening up the package everything inside is nicely protected by 2 large pieces of Styrofoam. Inside you will find the MB561US-4S-1 enclosure, an eSATA cable, USB cable, power cable, mounting screws and a quick installation guide.