Rejoice PlayStation racing fans, Gran Turismo 6 has been officially announced for the console at the UK’s Silverstone circuit. If you have no clue what Gran Turismo is, it is probably the world’s most popular console-racing franchise spanning 15 years. The Gran Turismo games have been on PlayStation, Playstation 2, PSP and PlayStation 3.
Sony and Developer Polyphony Digital announced that the game is real and will be out this year for the PlayStation 3. Expect to see it around the holiday season. This annoucement sort of debunks the rumors that the title would only be on PlayStation 4. The game will have a brand new physics engine, 1200 cars, 33 locations and 71 track layouts. They will be adding more after the games launch as well.
Some of the main features have been listed below:
New Game Engine
• Compact, nimble operation
• Flexible expandability
• A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3
New Physics Engine
• New suspension and kinematics model
• New tire model
• New aerodynamics model
• Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive
1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
• From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
• Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
• Players can create their own personalized custom car in the game.
• Cars will be continually added online
33 locations, 71 layouts
• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
• More new tracks will continue to be provided online
New Course Maker
• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
• A new course generation algorithm
• Players can form their own communities
• Various community levels from local and domestic to global
• Players themselves can create and manage their own online events
New User Interface
• Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
• Quick response
• Shortening of loading times
Multi Device Compatibility
• Smart Phone
May 26, 2015 0
May 26, 2015 0