Gigabyte has three very distinct motherboard lines in their X99 lineup and offer quite a lot of motherboards compared to most brands. They have their G1 Gaming Series, Overclocking Series, and Ultra Durable series. While the specific motherboards in each category are targeted at a certain type of user, many of their features cross into each category. For example the G1 Gaming series motherboards overclock quite well. Since the X99 chipset has been out for a little while now we are seeing a second wave of motherboards from manufacturers. The X99-Gaming 5P from Gigabyte is one such motherboard and is the replacement for the soon to be retired X99-Gaming 5. Gigabyte has actually added new features to this motherboard to make it even better. Let’s jump in!
– Supports New Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Extreme Edition
– Support for DDR4 XMP up to 3333MHz
– Genuine All Digital Power Design with IR Digital PWM & IR PowIRstage® ICs
– 4-Way Graphics with Premium PCIe Lane
– Dual M.2 Technology for SSD Drive and WIFI card
– Gold Plating for CPU socket, Memory DIMMs and PCIe slots
– Onboard Creative Sound Core3D™ quad-core audio processor
– AMP-UP Audio technology with exclusive Upgradable OP-AMP
– Independent Right and Left Audio Channel PCB Layers
– LED lighting for the audio guard light path and the back panel LED
– Quad DAC-UP USB ports
– Gold plated audio ports
– High end Nichicon audio capacitors
– Killer™ E2200 gaming networking
– SATA Express support for 10 Gb/s data transfer
– Long lifespan Durable Black™ Solid caps
– APP Center including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ utilities
– Thunderbolt™ Ready
– GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™ with Q-Flash Plus USB port
For a full list of specifications check out the product page.
The X99-Gaming 5P comes in Gigabyte’s typical retail packaging. On the front you have the Gigabyte eye logo.
Flipping over to the back there is a full overview of the motherboard itself going over its features, components, and rear I/O ports. There is quite a lot of information back there so if you are at the store you can really get an idea of what this keyboard is about before you buy it.
Opening the box up and taking a look at the accessories we have four SLI bridges (1x 4-way, 2x 3-way, and 1x 2-way), six SATA cables, CrossFire connector, I/O shield, PCI-Express power adapters, two case badges, users manual, and driver & utility CD.
For a full unboxing and overview of the Gigabyte X99-Gaming 5P motherboard be sure to check out our video below.