DeepCool is a Beijing based company that is totally focused on cooling electronics. Of course, with a name like DeepCool, they’d be hypocrites if they weren’t. Their products vary from iPad cooling stands to CPU and server coolers. It’s all about lowering thermals for this company! Today we’ll be putting their top of the line, Neptwin, twin tower CPU cooler through it’s paces. This air cooler packs 6 heat pipes, a pretty massive copper base, and dual fans. Follow along and we’ll see if this cooler has what it takes to get you to the next level of overclocking.
– Equipped with multiple clips to support Intel LGA2011/1366/1156/1155/775 and AMD FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2.
– 6 U-shape sintered powder heatpipes conduct heat from the processor quickly to protect it from overheating.
– Twin-tower heatsinks give superb cooling performance.
– Dual super silent 120mm fans, one with PWM function, offer a perfect balance between airflow and noise.
– Mirror polished copper base keeps perfect contact with the CPU surface to achieve the best cooling performance.
As an extreme enthusiast I find myself opening a ton of electronic related products. One major theme lately has been really high quality and well thought out packaging. Gone are the days of throw it in an anti-static bag and into a cardboard box as is. Bringing anything but your packaging A game will make your product seem cheap. And it seems that Deepcool understands this concept very well, as overall the packing of the Neptwin is superb.
To describe the packaging in a word would be: clean. It’s very simplistic and clean-cut. The all white box serves as the background. On the front you’ll find a picture of the cooler with fans installed and a listing of some features as well as some compatibility information. On the back is a picture of the bare heatsink as well as a close up of the base.
Finally on the side you’ll find a diagram with dimensions as well a complete compatibility list that goes as follows:
It is unlikely that you’ll be using a platform that isn’t listed above.
Inside the box you will find two small boxes and 1 large one containing the cooler and 1 of the fans. In one of the smaller boxes you will find the other of the two fans. The other box then contains all the mounting hardware , instructions and accessories.
To give you a good idea of how the Neptwin comes check out our unboxing and overview video below.
Jun 30, 2015 0
Jun 30, 2015 0