Not that long ago we took a look at Crucial’s Ballistix Elite memory and new we are back with the Ballistix Tactical Tracer Memory. Crucial’s Ballistix Tactical memory sits in the middle of the Ballistix line between the Ballistix Sport and the Ballistix Elite. Geared towards gamers the Ballistix Tactical Tracer memory features a very cool heatspreader, activity-indicating LEDs on the top edge, ground-effect LEDs along the bottom and temperature sensors that you can monitor with Crucial’s M.O.D. software. The kit we are taking a look at today is made up of 4 BLT4G3D1869DT2TXOB 4GB modules. So that gives us a 16GB kit running at 1866Mhz with timings of 9-9-9-27 at 1.5v. Is this the kit you want in your gaming rig? Read on to find out!
Features & Specifications
– Kit Size: 16GB
– Module Size: 4GB
– Package: Ballistix Smart Tracer 240-pin DIMM (with LEDs)
– Speed: DDR3 PC3-14900 (1866Mhz)
– Timings: 9-9-9-27
– Volatage: 1.5V
– Designed for performance enthusiasts, gamers and case modders
– Enhanced heat spreader
– On-the-fly customisable activity LEDs
– Thermal sensor allows real-time temperature monitoring
– Custom Ballistix M.O.D. utility to change LEDs, and monitor temperature
– Advanced speeds and timings (XMP Profile)
– Premium quality DRAM
– Black PCB
– Proven stability and reliability
– Crucial: a trusted name in memory
– Limited lifetime warranty
Our 16GB Ballistix Tactical Tracer kit came in 2 separate packages with 2 modules in each package. The front of each package is open so you can take a look at the modules and on the back there is some information about each module.
To give you a good idea of how the kit comes and for a brief overview of the modules check out our video below.
Sep 18, 2014 0
Sep 09, 2014 0