Crucial’s line of Ballistix memory made for enthusiasts has gone through many different revisions over the years. Now they are running with 3 different types of modules, Ballistix Sport, Ballistix Tactical and Ballistix Elite. Today we are taking a look at one of their Elite kits. These kits are designed for extreme enthusiasts, demanding gamers, and uber-power users. The kit we are checking out today is a quad channel 16GB kit with timings of 8-8-8-24 at 1.5v. This kit also has some of the largest heatspreaders we have seen in a while! Read on as we test this kit out!
Special thanks to Crucial for providing us with the Ballistix Elite DDR3-1600 16GB Quad Channel Memory Kit to review.
Features & Specifications
- 18GB Kit (4GB x4)
- Advanced finned Integrated heat spreader
- Black PCB
- Thermal sensor allows real-time temperature monitoring
- Custom Ballistix M.O.D. Utility – temperature monitor and history
- Premium-quality DRAM
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Proven stability and reliability
- Crucial: a trusted name in memory
The Ballistix Elite memory came to us in a pretty plain box, much like what you would see if your ordered these modules directly from Crucial.com. Check out our unboxing and overview video below to see what I’m talking about.