We all know who the big case manufacturers out there are and we turn to them when it’s time to get a new case or purchase a case for a build. Not often a new company comes along and blows things out of the water. Well the case we are talking a look at today isn’t from a new company, but they are new to cases. Corsair introduces their first case the Obsidian Series 800D. This case is one of the best cases I’ve seen in a while featuring 4 hot-swappable bays, 3 isolated cooling zones, tool-free optical drive installation, and unique cable routing holes. Let’s take a look at the 800D and see if Corsair has a winner in its first case.
– Four easily accessed hot-swap drive bays
– Removable CPU backplate panel for easy heatsink installation
– Isolated cooling zones prevent heat buildup
– Unique cable routing holes guarantee a clean and clutter-free installation
– Three fans included, with the ability to add four more 120mm fans
– Tool-free optical drive installation makes building a system faster than ever
– Two year warranty with Corsair’s world-class customer service and technical support
|Dimension||24″ (H) x 24″ (L) x 9″ (W) – (609mm X 609mm X 229 mm)|
|Material||Aluminum Faceplate, Steel Structure|
|Drive Bays||(x5) 5.25″
(x4) 3.5″ SATA Hot Swappable
(x2) 3.5″ Internal
|Cooling||(x3) 140mm Fans
Up to 4x 120mm Fans (not included)
|Expansion Slots||7 (+1 vent)|
|Motherboard||ATX, mATX, EATX|
|Front I/O||(x4) USB 2.0
(x1) Headphone, (x1) MIC
|Power Supply||ATX (not included)|
The 800D is quite a large case so it comes in a HUGE retail box. All around the case are different specifications and diagrams showing off all of the features of the 800D.
Opening up the box everything is nicely protected with large pieces of Styrofoam and plastic. Also the entire front of the case and the side window is covered in plastic to prevent scratches.
Inside the case you will find the box of goodies that includes a quick start guide, mounting hardware, zip ties, drive rails, 8-pin power connector extender, SATA power connector adapter, and 4 SATA data cables.
Nov 29, 2015 0
Nov 27, 2015 0
Nov 27, 2015 0