Author: Bob Buskirk
A few years ago when I sat at Corsair’s press conference where they announced they were going to be making more than just memory I was a little skeptical. Many companies did the same thing, just rebranding OEM products. Corsair was different, all of their products were original and they said they wanted to be in the top 3 of each product category. They definitely surprised many people and have some of the best cases, cooling solutions and gaming gear. Today I am taking a look at the 550D Mid Tower Case that is part of Corsair’s Obsidian Series. The 550D is made for noise reduction and sound isolation. It features front and side panels that are fully lined with sound-damping material, top and side panels that have their own sound-insulated vent covers, three included 120mm cooling fans, USB 3.0 support and much more. Read on as we check out the Obsidian Series 550D case from Corsair!
- Four 5.25” drive bays
- Six 3.5” hard drive bays with 2.5” compatibility
- Eight expansion slots
- Supports most 240mm dual radiators (15mm spacing)
- Two-year warranty
- Front I/O panel contains:
- Two USB 3.0 connectors
- 3.5mm headphone and microphone connector
- Power and reset switches
- Dimensions: 20.9” x 8.7” x 19.5”
- Ten available fan mount locations
- Six 120mm/140mm fan mount locations
- Four 120mm fan mount locations
- One 200MM side panel fan mount location
- Three 120mm fans included
The 550D comes in Corsair’s plain retail box. There is an outline of case of the front of the box and on the back there is an overview.
Opening the box up the case is nicely protected by two large pieces of styrofoam and a plastic bag. Upon first inspection of the case there was no visible damage. Included with the case you have a getting started guide, all of your mounting hardware, zip ties and a USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 header adapter.