Author: Frank Stroupe
In-case liquid cooling systems have made the leap to water much more practical for the “average” enthusiast. (if there is such a thing) Of course, there have been compact in-case systems for nearly a decade. But until recently, in-case liquid cooling systems have left much to be desired, often not cooling any better than a decent air setup.
In the past couple of years, in-case systems have improved greatly, providing the enthusiast an opportunity to get some fairly decent temperatures from liquid cooling, without the expense and inconvenience of elaborate watercooling systems with external reservoirs and large radiators.
CoolIT Systems has been around for over a decade, and has been designing and building liquid and peltier cooling systems for several years. CoolIT has been concentrating on self-contained in-case system with OEM quality. Today I will be looking at their latest self-contained in-case CPU liquid cooling system, the Domino A.L.C. It is marketed towards the enthusiast that wants to liquid cool only the CPU, and desires a mount-it-and-forget-it self-contained system. Will the Domino A.L.C. impress? Read on to see!
- High contrast backlit LCD
- Single push button control for configuring operation mode and temperature scale
- Audible status alerts
Operation Modes (Fan Speeds)
- Quiet: 1100-2500 RPM
- Performance*: 1100-2500 RPM
- Full: 2900 RPM
- System automatically increases cooling performance at an increased rate compared to Quiet Mode.
- Dimensions: 14.0 x 12.5 x 15.5 mm
- Weight: 1.03 kg
- Operating Voltage: 11.6-12.4V
- Power Consumption: 8W (Max)
- Life Cycle: 50,000 Hours (MTBF)
- Long life, low noise
- Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25 mm
- Noise: 19.2 dBA (Min)
- CFF1 long life ceramic bearing
- Noise: <21 dBA
- Custom engineered for low noise heat dissipation
- Dimension: 157 x 120 x 27 mm
CPU FHE (Fluid Heat Exchanger)
- Copper Micro-Channel
- Surface Dimension: 50 x 50 mm
- Proprietary with anticorrosion/antifungal additives
CPU Thermal Grease
- Proprietary Pro Advanced Thermal Compound
- 2 Year Manufacturer
The Domino A.L.C. is packaged in a gray/black box that is covered with graphics and specs. Pretty much anything you’d want to know about the system is on the box.
Inside, the unit and hardware are all in separate compartments of a blisterpack. The various mounting plates are separated by thin foam sheeting.