Author: Greg Baden
Today we’ll be checking out a fully modular power supply recently released by Cooler Master. The Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W power supply is 80PLUS GOLD certified, has a 200W fanless mode and even comes equipped with its own fan controller. This is a first for Cooler Master and is even available in two other models, 850W and 1300W. Read on further to see how well the 1050W version performed.
- Fully Modular Cables
Flexibility of using only the cables needed for a cleaner system build
- Silent Operation
135 mm Hydraulic Dynamic Bearing Fan for quieter operation
- Function Panel Fan Speed Control
5.25”control panel for 135mm PSU and three system fans
- Switchable Automatic / Manual mode
- Fanless Mode:
Fanless operation with 135mm fan is at 0dB when loading is under 200W
- Manual Mode:
PSU fan speed can be adjusted manually from 3V-12V
- Single 12 V Power Rail Tackling challenges from the most power-intensive peripherals head on, this solitary 12 V power rail provides ample power and strong resistance to any overloading up to 105A.
- Double-Layer EMI Filter Dual protection from electromagnetic interference, thus restraining noise and interference for greater protection for you and your connections.
- Unique Patented Technologies:
Specially design transformer to improve thermal and efficiency.
Patent design transformer mount with heat sink, the size was reduced by up to 25% than the traditional transformer providing lesser energy consumption, while conducting the heat for better overall efficiency.
HTT™ – Heat Transfer Technology:
Patent design “L” shaped heat sink layout.
This technology helps to guide the air flow along the heat sink to improve the air circulation for maximum performance.
Patent design hyper link between IC and the relative components.
Patent energy conversion design path provides super efficient connection from the transformer to components. The signal can be transfer directly without any energy loss.
- Intel Compliant ATX12V v 2.3 and EPS version 2.92 compliant.
- Active PFC+ PWM Combo Controller Integrating this active controller will increase the efficiency of any computer, making PFC higher than 99%.
- Japanese Capacitors
High quality capacitors protecting equipment from capacitor leakage problem, also increasing the life-span of your equipment, especially at high temperatures.
- Eco-friendly design: Erp Lot6 Ready!
A maximum 5Vsb current draw target in S5 off-mode of 0.1A for its motherboards and needed to ensure the system will consume < 1W in its off-mode
- Supports 4-Way SLI / CrossFire + Dual CPUs.
Able to run toughest rig with 4-way GPUs and dual CPUs without any hassle.
- And More
Multiple updated connectors for all types of interfaces (PCIe, SATA etc.)
Multiple Protection Design (OVP / UVP / OCP / OPP / OTP / SCP)
High reliability with an MBTF of at least 100,000 hours of use.
Five Year Warranty.
The Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W comes packaged in a much larger box than you standard power supply. It’s much longer, but still follows the same design of other Cooler Master products. On the front of the package is a large picture of the PSU and Fan Controller, as well as some important information about the product. The back goes over some more details about the PSU and also includes some graphs relating to the fan speed and efficiency.
The specifications of the product can be found on one of the smaller sides of the package. Inside the box you’ll find the PSU and fan controller nicely packaged around soft foam, while the cables are nicely away inside of a cable bag.
To give you a good idea of how the Silent Pro Hybrid comes and a brief overview check out the video below.