Author: Bob Buskirk
Project Name: SnowWhite and The i7 Cores
Tell us a little about your case / case mod?
Just a Fractal Design XL Black Pearl USB3.0 version modded up. Wanted something very simple but eye-catching. Had planned on not having a window, but once I got started…kept adding this and that. Ripped the window in it because everyone I showed build pics to said it would be a shame to not be able to see the interior. Not 100% finished yet. Still got a few odds and ends to get to.
- Fractal Design XL Black Pearl
- ASUS Z77 Sabertooth
- Intel i7 3770K @ 4.7ghz
- Samsung 840 250gb SSD
- Samsung 830 128gb SSD
- Western Digital 2TB EARS 7200
- GSkill Ripjaws X 4x4gb
- EVGA GTX670
- Intel PCI-E Nic
- Seasonic X750 PSU
- Custom H20 Loop
- Swiftech Rads (1x 240, 1x 280)
- MCP 655 pump
- XSPC Dual bay rezzy
- XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
- Monsoon Comp Fittings
- Primochill LTR Tubing
- Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm Fans.
List of Custom Modifications
- Dismantled entire case
- Scrapped all the stock drive bays
- Custom built lower end to house the stock 180mm fan (exhaust) and mount the 2TB storage drive.
- Powder coated the chassis in Terrilium (sand paper finish with some light metal flake effects)
- All rivets were hand polished, then powder coated in Translucent red as were the cpu block , i/o plate and expansion covers, and the brackets for the Intel Nic and GPU
- Custom built PSU cover
- All wiring sleeved in white and red paracord (few black)
- Custom built 5 1/4 bay panel to hide some wiring and mount one of the SSDs
- Full paint job using PPG Chrysler Bright White base coat, Nissan Sharp Silver Pearl midcoat and PPG High gloss Clear.
- Sanded and buffed
- Custom cut side panel with translucent red acrylic accents (still working on the back lighting to get the “edge glow”)
- Misc trans red acrylic accents (case feet, SSD mount, rezzy cover)
- Still to be finished….custom front door using more trans red acrylic and a graphic of SnowWhite. LOL.
Builder: Craig “SpeedBump” Adams
Do you want your mod to be featured on Case Mod Friday? Submit it here: http://www.thinkcomputers.org/case-mod-friday-submission/