be quiet! may not be a name we know all that well here in America when it comes to power supplies, but in the European market they have really made a name for themselves and are planning to do the same here in the states. Not that long ago we took a look at the Dark Power Pro 10 from be quiet! and we were extremely impressed. While this was one of the top of the line units from be quiet! the unit we are taking a look at today is more mainstream. The whole idea behind the Pure Power L8 600W unit is to deliver an affordable unit that does not compromise on quality. This unit features an 80PLUS Bronze certification, a 120 mm silence optimized fan and of course the quality we expect from be quiet!.
– Exceptionally quiet operation achieved through an array of careful optimizations, including use of a silence-optimized 120mm be quiet! fan with durable Rifle-Bearing-Technology
– 600 Watts of continuous power and stronger +12V rails provide massive power reserves for those times your PC really needs it all
– 80PLUS Bronze certification and up to 88% power conversion efficiency let you do more work with the same power and reduce your power bills
– Sleeved cable lengths for improved cooling and more attractive appearance
– Extensive compatibility with latest specifications, including energy-saving requirements of Intel C6/C7, ErP 2013 and Energy Star 5.2 guidelines. Ready for Intel Haswell platform
– AMD CrossFireX certification allows you to build powerful Multi-GPU systems with confidence
– German product conception, design and quality control
The Pure Power L8 comes in be quiet’s normal retail packaging. On the front it has a photo of the unit and lists some of the main features. On the back it goes into more detail about the unit gives a full run-down of the attached cables.
Opening the box up we can see that everything is nicely packaged and protected. Getting it all out we have the Pure Power L8, power cable, user’s manual, cable ties and mounting screws.
For a full video unboxing of the Pure Power L8 be sure to check out the video below.
Jan 30, 2015 0