Not that long ago we took a look at be quiet’s Dark Rock 3 CPU cooler, which proved to be a pretty decent cooler. The Dark Rock 3 was sort of the mid or entry-level cooler the Dark Rock 3 line and today we are checking out the big daddy or high performance offering the Dark Rock Pro 3! The Dark Rock Pro 3 is one of the largest CPU coolers we have taken a look at lately. It features dual heatsink towers, two be quiet! Silent Wings fans, seven large heatpipes and that sleek look that we have come to know from be quiet! CPU coolers. Now the question is how well is it going to perform? Read on as we find out!
Immensely high cooling efficiency
– Improved dynamic wave-contour cooling fins with small dots on the surface increase air circulation and contribute to high convection efficiency without raising overall noise
– Enhanced double-tower layout offers reduced weight and enables high cooling power
– Support of additional 120mm fan for extreme cooling performance (free fan clips are included in the scope of delivery)
– Seven high-performance heat pipes with copper lining and aluminum caps carry heat to the optimal location on the cooling fins, maximizing heat conductance
– The immensely high cooling capacity of 250W TDP offers low temperature even at peak performance
– New arrangement of heat pipes enhances the cooling capability
Virtually inaudible operation
– Two SilentWings® PWM fans (front: 120mm, inner: 135mm) with advanced copper core fluid dynamic bearing and dynamically-balanced impeller provide optimal cooling with deep serenity
– Inner 135mm SilentWings® PWM fan features nine airflow-optimized fan blades and an innovative 6-pole motor for smoother operation and less vibration
– Decoupled fan mount with vibration-isolating elements on the heat sink
– Noise is at scant 26.1dB(A) even at 100% PWM function
Product conception, design and quality control in Germany
– Winner of the prestigious Red Dot Design Award 2014
– Compatibility with all current Intel® and AMD™ sockets
– Completely dark nickel-plated heat sink
– Brushed aluminum top cover with high-grade diamond cut finish
– 3-year warranty
– Quick support is available via our international hotline, Mondays to Fridays from 9:00am to 5:30pm German local time: +49 (0) 40-736 76 86 – 98
The Dark Rock Pro 3 comes in be quiet’s typical retail packaging. There is a large photo of the cooler on the front and it does let us know that the cooler is rated to cool devices with TDP’s of up to 250W.
The back of the box has an overview of the cooler and goes over some of the main features. There is actually information on all sides of the retail box so if you are at the store you can really get an idea of what the cooler is about before you buy it.
Opening up the box inside you will find the Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU cooler, mounting hardware, accessories and of course installation instructions.
For a full unboxing and overview of the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU cooler be sure to check out our video below.
Jul 28, 2015 0