be quiet! is a new company to us here at ThinkComputers. We’ve seen their products over the past year, but finally caught up with them at CES and were rather impressed with what they showed us. Now we have some of their products in to test and to start things off we are taking a look at one of their latest power supplies, the Dark Power Pro 10 550W. This power supply features an 80PLUS Gold certification, semi-modular design, virtually silent operation and an overclocking key that switches between quadruple independent +12V rail mode and high-performance single-rail operation. be quiet! has really made a name for themselves in Germany let’s see if that will carry over to the US.
– Virtually silent operation achieved through a broad array of meticulous optimizations, including use of be quiet!’s custom-designed 135mm SilentWings fan
– SilentWings fan features airflow-optimized fan blades, fluid dynamic bearing with copper core and high quality IC motor controller for the quietest possible operation
– 80PLUS Gold certification and up to 93% power conversion efficiency let you do more work with the same power and reduce your power bills
– 550 Watts of continuous power provide deep power reserves for demanding computing applications
– Cable management with extra long cable reach simplifies component installation and reduces annoying clutter, increasing airflow and improving cooling in even the largest PC cases
– Overclocking key allows switchover between quadruple independent +12V rail mode and high-performance single-rail operation
– German product conception, design and quality control
The Dark Power Pro 10 comes in a very nice retail package. On the front there is a photo of the unit and a list of features. Flipping the box over there is more information and a full listing of the included modular cables.
Opening the box up everything is nicely packaged inside. Getting it all out you will find the Dark Power Pro 500W unit, a box of modular cables, power cable, extension for the overclocking key button, cable ties and extensions for the fan connectors on the power supply.
For a full unboxing and overview of the unit check out our video below.
Oct 05, 2015 0