There is a lot to the ASUS RT-N56U. First, you’ll notice its notably attractive style, and it has some pretty good performance to match. Not only that, the RT-N56U allows you to attach an external hard drive to one of its two USB 2.0 ports and access it over the local network, or from afar over the internet. The RT-N56U makes is easy to setup and configure, but also has advanced options that will keep the enthusiasts happy too. It can keep up with a lot of local traffic, and will gladly support any wireless (A/B/G/N) device you have. It retails for $129 at my favorite online retailer, which is a fair price for what’s offered. Overall, ThinkComputers awards the ASUS RT-N56U Dual-band Gigabit Wireless-N Router an 8 out of 10 score.
- Attractive design
- Intuitive admin panel coupled with advanced options
- Built in USB 2.0 ports allow for easy sharing of media
- Uses its own DNS servers if you don’t specify any
- Traffic Monitor feature is far from accurate
- Wired connection isn’t quite as fast as advertised