With all of the hype surrounding the launch of AMD’s Ryzen 7 processors, one of the most highly anticipated motherboards was ASUS’s ROG Crosshair VI Hero. If you didn’t know ASUS launched the Republic of Gamers (ROG) brand with the original Crosshair AM2 motherboard. With AMD making a big push with Ryzen ASUS thought it was time for a new AMD Crosshair motherboard. The Crosshair VI motheboard makes use if the new X370 chipset and features a 12-phase power design, support for 2-way SLI / CrossFire, a PCI-Express 3.0 x4 M.2 connector, ROG SupremeFX audio technology, USB 3.1, RGB lighting with two RGB headers, and much more! Is this the motherboard to get for your new AM4 build? Read on as we find out!
– ROG Water Cooling Zone : Dominate your cooling system
– Aura Sync RGB LED: Stunning synchronized effects and two Aura 4-pin RGB-strip headers
– SupremeFX: Exclusive new codec plus intuitive Sonic Studio III and Sonic Radar III
– 5-Way Optimization: One-click system-wide overclocking.
– Best gaming networking: Intel® Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard and GameFirst technologies
– Best gaming connectivity: USB 3.1 front-panel connector, M.2 and both USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C
– Best gaming durability: Safeslot and premium components for maximum durability
The ROG Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard comes in a nice retail box. The front of the box is more subtle with the product name printed across it and some of the main features listed on the bottom left corner.
Flipping over to the back there is a picture of the board and a full run down of the features.
Getting everything out of the box and taking a look at the accessories you have a set of Republic of Gamers stickers, I/O shield, four SATA cables, Q-connector, RGB LED strip extension cable, SLI HB bridge, ROG cable lables, ROG coaster, user’s guide, driver & software CD, and a coupon for 20% off CableMod cables.