[ad#review1008-top]There are five TVs in my house…a 42″ HD LCD, a 32″ HD LCD, and three 25″ conventional TVs. All are used daily. I can see the largest one from my workstation, and I am usually listening to news, “House”, “NCIS”, The History Channel or Discovery while I am working. I don’t watch movies on my rig, and I have never really considered watching TV on it.
But I have actually considered a TV card for the recording aspects. I’m too cheap to get a TiVo from my cable company, but it would be nice to record some television shows I like. I have to be at my day job at 5:30AM, and like to be in bed by 9:30PM, but there is something nearly every night that I’d like to see that comes on at 9:00PM.
Our friends at ASUS have released a cool new TV tuner card, the Asus My Cinema EHD3-100/NAQ/FM/AV/MCE RC. This is a dual Hybrid TV card, with inputs for both digital and analog TV, complete with a dual stream hardware MPEG2 encoder. The card interfaces via PCI-E x1. Read on to find out about the Asus My Cinema EHD3-100!
As luck would have it, the day before I started this review, the television in our bedroom died. The EHD3-100 was right on time, allowing me to continue television viewing there to keep my wife happy.
Model: My Cinema EHD3-100/NAQ/FM/AV/MCE RC
Video/Audio Decoder: NXP
Channel Decoder: NXP
TV Tuner: NXP
TV System: Digital, Analog
Bus Standard: PCI-E
Bracket: ATX, LP
- Analog TV Input
- IR Sensor Input
- FM Input
Operating Systems: MCE, XP, Vista 32-bit, Vista 64-bit
Bundled Software: Power Cinema, Asus Video Security Online
- Powered by PCI-Express port for faster data transmission
- Hardware MPEG2 encoder built-in for unprecedented multitasking efficiency boost
- Hardware noise reduction technology built-in to enhance best video quality
- Watch analog or digital TV (or digital TV through a standard coaxial cable) and record another, or record two different channels at the same time
- Watch one digital and one analog TV channel, or 2 digital channels, or 2 analog channels at the same time on your PC
- Auto-launch a Vista sidebar TV on startup with “ASUS GadgeTV Technology”
- Remote control kit for easy channel surfing
- Listen to FM radio
- Dual AV inputs for capture external source
- “ASUS VideoSecurity Online Technology” for making your private security system on PC
- Microsoft Vista Home Premium / Vista Home Basic / Vista Ultimate / Windows XP certified
The My Cinema EHD3-100 comes in a bright orange box that is covered with features and specs.
Inside, the card, bundle, and hardware is protected by a two-layer blisterpack. On the top layer is the card, the remote, and the IR unit. The rest of the hardware, along with manual and drivers is in the bottom layer.
Mar 05, 2014 0
Mar 05, 2014 0
Mar 03, 2014 1
Feb 25, 2014 4