Since the introduction of the Z170 chipset we have taken a look a quite a few different motherboards, but none from ASRock. They were kind enough to send us over their top of the line Z170 Extreme 7+ motherboard, which sits as the top board in their Extreme Series. The Z170 Extreme 7+ is build on ASRock’s Super Alloy Design, features a 12-phase all digital power design, three Ultra M.2 slots, four USB 3.1 ports, support for quad-SLI and 3-way CrossFire, ASRock’s Purity Sound 3 and more! As you can see this board has quite a lot to offer and that is only the tip of the iceberg. Let’s take a look at the Z170 Extreme 7+ and see what ASRock has in store for us with the Z170 chipset and Skylake platform!
– ASRock Super Alloy
– Supports 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors (Socket 1151)
– Digi Power, 12 Power Phase Design
– Supports DDR4 3866+(OC) memory modules
– 4 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 PCIe 2.0 x1, 1 Half-size Mini-PCIe
– NVIDIA® Quad SLI™, AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™
– Graphics Output Options: DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort 1.2
– Supports Triple Monitor
– 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec), Supports Purity Sound™ 3 & DTS Connect
– 3 SATA Express, 10 SATA3, 3 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
– 4 USB 3.1 (2 Type-C & 2 Type-A), 8 USB 3.0 (4 Front, 4 Rear)
– Free Bundled ASRock Front USB 3.1 Panel
– Supports Full Spike Protection, ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
For a full list of specifications on the ASRock Z170 Extreme 7+ be sure to check out this page.
The ASRock Z170 Extreme 7+ comes in a typical retail box. On the front ASRock is advertising their Super Alloy design.
Flipping over to the back there is a full overview of the motherboard going over its main features and ASRock lets us know that this board is made for designers and enthusiasts.
Getting everything out of the box we have a 5.25-inch USB 3.1 front panel that features both type-A and type-C connections, two bags of SATA cables, I/O shield, SLI bridge, driver and utility CD, software setup guide, and quick installation guide.
For a full unboxing and overview of the ASRock Z170 Extreme 7+ be sure to check out our video below.