Antec’s Truepower line of power supplies has been around for several years now. ThinkComputers really liked theTruepower Quattro 1000W and the 850W. The former was one of the first recipients of my Editor’s Choice Award. The Truepower New 750W was released last year, but we’ve got a fresh review of this 80PLUS Bronze certified unit with a 120mm PWM fan and partial modularity.
Features and Specifications
- NVIDIA™ SLI™ – ready certified
- 80PLUS® Bronze Certified saves energy and lowers your electric bill
- DC to DC voltage regulator modules for greater system stability
- Highest quality Japanese brand capacitors ensure long-term reliability
- 120mm PWM fan runs up to 50% quieter than standard fans
- Blue internal LED illumination for TP-750 Blue
- Advanced Hybrid Cable Management improves airflow and reduces clutter
- Double layer PCB optimizes cooling efficiency and allows for heavy duty components
- Universal Input and Active Power Factor Correction
- Supports dual GPUs and dual/quad core CPUs
- 4 +12V output circuits provide stable power
- ATX12V v2.3 and EPS12V v2.91
- 1 x 6 pin and 1 x 8 (6+2) pin PCI-E graphics card connectors for TP-550
- 2 x 6 pin and 2 x 8 (6+2) pin PCI-E graphics card connectors for TP-650, TP-750 and TP-750 Blue
- Industrial grade protection: OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Current Protection), SCP (Short Circuit Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), and OCP (Over Current Protection)
- Safety approval: UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick, BSMI
- Meets 2010 EUP requirement: 5Vsb < 1W
- Weight: 2.3 kg; 5 lbs
– 3.4″ (H) x 5.9″ (W) x 5.9″ (D)
– 86mm (H) x 150mm (W) x 150mm (D)
The box is mostly white on the front and back with a yellow strip on the right and black top, bottom, and sides. The unit is featured in the front, as well as it partial modularity, 120 mm PWM fan, SLI support, and 80PLUS Bronze certification. The rear of the box features the output table and the specifications and features below.
It’s of course super packed—Antec rarely wastes packaging. Included in the box aside from the unit is a power cable, the modular cables, some screws, and some documentation.