The Performance One series of cases from Antec have been extremely solid and have been around for quite a while now. If you go to a LAN party you are sure to see a P180, P182, or even a P183 somewhere. All of the cases offer great cooling and a lot of storage room. Today we will be looking at the “big boy” of the Performance Once series the P193. This massive case is designed much like the P183 except it is much larger so you can fit pretty much anything inside of it! Let’s take a look at the P193 and see if it is the perfect case for you!
- Dual chamber design isolates heat and noise: the power supply resides in a separate chamber to isolate heat and reduce system noise
- Fits heatsink fans up to 140mm: the P193’s superior cooling eliminates the need for larger heatsinks
- No power supply included
- Power supply option: comes with a power supply mounting adapter to mount either a standard size power supply or Antec’s exclusive CP Series power supply
- Innovative two-layer, sound-deadening side panels (steel, polycarbonate) and three-layer front door (aluminum, plastic, aluminum) dampen noise and ensure Quiet Computing™
- 11 drive bays
– External 4 x 5.25″; 1 x 3.5″
– Internal 6 x 3.5″ for HDD
– Internal 2 x 2.5″ SSD bottom-mounted drive bays
- Cooling system:
– 1 rear (standard) 120mm x 25mm exhaust TriCool™ fan
– 2 top (standard) 140mm x 25mm exhaust TriCool™ fan
– 1 lower front chamber (optional) 120mm fan for HDD
– 1 side (standard) 200mm fan for dual graphics cards
– 1 upper front (optional) 120mm fan for HDD
– 1 middle (optional) 120mm fan for graphic cards
- CPU cut-out allows for easy installation of CPU coolers
- Cable organizers behind motherboard tray minimize cable clutter
- Front-mounted ports provide convenient connections:
– 2 x USB 2.0
– 1 x eSATA
– Audio In and Out (HDA and AC97 compatible)
- Double hinged door opens up to 270º
- 7 expansion slots
- 0.8mm cold rolled steel chassis for durability
- Maximum video card size: 19″/483mm (Note: some video cards may require removal of the adjacent hard drive cage)
- Compatible Motherboards: Mini-ITX, microATX, Standard ATX and Extended ATX
- Net weight: 35.8 lbs / 16.25 kg
- Gross weight: 41.7 lbs / 18.9 kg
- Case dimensions:
– 20.25″ (H) x 8.1″ (W) x 23.25″ (D)
– Actual clearance needed for width is 9.5″ due to the side panel fan
– 51.4 cm (H) x 20.5 cm (W) x 59 cm (D)
- Package dimensions:
– 13.25″ (H) x 25.8″ (W) x 28.75″ (D)
– 33.7 cm (H) x 65.5 cm (W) x 73 cm (D)
- What’s new in the P193:
– Front door vents, as well as wider vents along the door frame, improve airflow into the chassis.
– Filters and filter doors are integrated as one unit. The doors themselves have been modified to provide greater airflow, resulting in cooler system temperatures.
– Drive bay covers are vented and include air filters to provide better airflow.
– Lower chamber fan is now located in front of the hard drive cage, allowing for installation of longer PSUs as well as easier cable routing between the lower HD cage and the power supply.
– The Big Boy 200™, a 200mm fan, is moved outward to give more clearance for taller heatsinks. Externally removable washable air filter allows for easier maintenance
The P193 comes in a very nice retail box that has pictures of the case both on the front and back. On the side of the case there is a list of specifications.
Opening the box up the case is nicely protected with large pieces of Styrofoam and plastic. Also when you get the case out of the box the front of the case has a plastic film on it to protect it from scratches.