Antec’s Performance One series cases have been a staple in the computer case industry for quite a while. I know quite a few people that have had their Antec P180 and P182 cases for years now. Antec has once improved their current Performance One cases with the new P183. It features new front door vents, air filters on the entire front of the case and more room for longer power supplies. Besides all of these new improvements you get Antec’s superior quality and sleek style. So let’s take a look at the P183 Advanced Mid Tower.
Features & Specifications
- Dual chamber design isolates heat and noise: the power supply resides in a separate chamber to isolate heat and reduce system noise
- No power supply included
- Power supply option: comes with a power supply mounting adapter to mount either a standard size power supply or Antec’s exclusive CP Series power supply
- Innovative three-layer, sound-deadening side panels and front door (aluminum, plastic, aluminum) dampen noise and ensure Quiet Computing™
- 11 drive bays
– External 4 x 5.25″; 1 x 3.5″
– Internal 6 x 3.5″ for HDD
- Cooling system:
– 1 rear (standard) 120mm x 25mm TriCool™ fan
– 1 top (standard) 120mm x 25mm TriCool™ fan
– 1 lower front chamber – 120mm fan (optional)
– 1 upper front chamber – 120mm fan (optional)
– 1 middle chamber – 120mm fan (optional)
- Cable organizers behind motherboard tray minimize cable clutter
- Front-mounted ports provide convenient connections:
– 2 x USB 2.0
– 1 x eSATA
– Audio In and Out (HDA and AC’97 compatible)
- Double hinged door opens up to 270º
- 7 expansion slots
- 0.8mm cold rolled steel chassis for durability
- Maximum video card size: 15.5″/394mm (Note: some video cards may require removal of the adjacent hard drive cage)
- Compatible Motherboards: Mini-ITX, microATX, Standard ATX
- Case dimensions:
– 20.25″(H) x 8.1″(W) x 19.9″(D)
– 514 mm (H) x 205 mm (W) x 507 mm (D)
- Net weight: 30.9 lbs / 14 kg
- What’s new in the P183:
-Front door vents, as well as wider vents along the door frame, improve airflow into the chassis.
-Filters and filter doors are integrated as one unit. The doors themselves have been modified to provide greater airflow, resulting in cooler system temperatures.
-Drive bay covers are vented and include air filters to provide better airflow.
-Lower chamber fan is now located in front of the hard drive cage, allowing for installation of longer PSUs as well as easier cable routing between the lower HD cage and the power supply.
The P183 comes in Antec’s always interesting retail packaging. The front of the box has a picture of the P183 and the back has a list of specifications that we have listed above.
Opening up the box the case is nicely protected by 2 large pieces of Styrofoam and cardboard. When you get the case out the front and both sides have plastic on them to protect from scratches.