Redundant storage is something many people need and definitely appreciate, especially if you’ve had a hard drive die on you. That is never fun and neither is losing all of your data that was on your hard drive. Akitio has a cool little enclosure that will give you redundant storage with RAID support, nice protection with its aluminum design and quite a few different connection options. Did I mention it has a cool LCD display on the front that will give you information about your drives? Read on as we check it out!
- Configurable hardware RAID controller (RAID 1 mirroring and RAID 0 striping)
- LCD display for easy device configuration and access to detailed information about the drives
- Critical parameters such as HDD temperature can be monitored easily with help of the LCD display
- Utilizes Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology also known as S.M.A.R.T. to obtain data directly from the HDD
- Versatile interface, including eSATA, FireWire 800 and USB 2.0
- Hardware acceleration of RAID rebuild
- 2TB volume option for systems that do not support large volumes
- Extra large heat sink for excellent heat dissipation
The Taurus Mini comes in a nice retail box. On the front there is a photo of the device in action and a list of some of the features. On the back they list the specifications of the device.
Opening the box up inside you will find the Taurus Mini device, power adapter, Firewire cable, USB 2.0 cable, eSATA cable, mounting screws and a user’s guide.
To get a better look at the Taurus Mini and see how it comes check out our unboxing video below.
Mar 03, 2014 1
Feb 25, 2014 5