I’ve always been a fan of cube cases, especially being a gamer. I don’t want to have to carry my large tower case filled with components to local LAN parties. Cube cases make it much easier, and even if you are not a gamer they take up less space on your desk and usually look better than other cases. Today we will be looking at Aerocool’s first cube case, the Qx-2000. It features a very unique internal design, room for 2 optical drives, 3 hard drives, and a built in fan controller. Let’s take a look at the Qx-2000 and see if it’s the perfect case for your next LAN box build.
– High performance “Cube” case for gamers and enthusiast – Supports Micro-ATX MBs.
– Solidly constructed chassis – 0.6mm SECC Japanese Steel.
– High-end Graphic card Support – Supports longer high-end VGA cards up to 300mm.
– High versatility – Supports 2 x 5 1/4″ devices (external), 1 x 3, 1/2″ device (external) – and 2 x 3 1/2″ HDDs (internal).
– Supports standard ATX PSU – 140mm prefer length but can support up to 160mm.
– Ease of Installation – Screw-less kits are provided for the 5 1/4″bays.
– Easy Access front I/O ports – 2 x USBs and Audio/Mic (AC 97+ HD Audio).
– Unique “Double Decker” chassis – isolates excessive heat producing components from the rest of the system. This unique structure also created more space inside the chassis to support high end components.
– Excellent Thermal Performance – install up to 1 x 12cm intake fan (included) and 3 x 8cm exhaust fans (optional).
– Fan controller with LED color switch – users has the option to set the fan speed to “Low”, “Medium” and “High”. Users also has the option – option to set the front 12cm LED fan to Blue LED or Red LED or switch off the LED light completely.
|Case Type||Cube Tower|
|Chassis Dimensions||240(H) x 300(W) x 391(D)|
|Drive Bays||2 x 5.25″ (External) / 1 x 3.5″ (External) / 2 x 3.5” (Hidden)|
|Expansion Slots||4 Slots|
|Max length space available for PCI slots||300 mm|
|I/O Ports||2 x USB2.0 / Mic & headphone (AC97 & HD audio)|
|PSU limitation||Standard ATX PSU but recommending the depth no longer than 140mm and preferably Non-Modular connect type PSU.|
The Qx-2000 comes in a very attractive and colorful package. The Qx-2000 is part of Aerocool’s PGS line of cases. PGS stands for Performance Gaming System. On the side of the box there is a list of specifications.
Opening up the box we can see the Qx-2000 is nicely protected by large pieces of Styrofoam and plastic.
Apr 21, 2015 0