I’m a multi-display guy and I have been for a long time. It is very hard for me to work with just one display. I really like to have my work on one screen and other things like instant messenger, iTunes, and Twitter on the other screen. This is pretty easy to do when you have a desktop system, but what about a laptop. Many people are moving away from desktops and going to a laptop as their main system. I would love to do the same, but I cannot work on a small laptop screen. Well Accell has just the thing for me the UltraAV DisplayPort to DVI Multi-Monitor adapter. This little device will allow you to enjoy multiple monitors from a single DisplayPort output, let’s take a look…
- Works on a DisplayPort Enabled Windows or Macintosh Computer
- Fully HD Compatible, Supports Resolutions up to 3840×1024*
- No Additional Software to Install, Just Plug-and-Play
- Full Display Performance With Virtually Zero Latency
- Features a USB Powered Design, No Power Adapter Needed
• Connectors: Built-in 45” locking DisplayPort cable (to video card) 3 DVI-D Single Link outputs (to monitors)
- DVI cables not included, Built-in USB cable for power. Does not support Dual-Link monitors.
• Typical maximum resolution: 3 monitors @1280×1024 (3840×1024)
• Supported monitor frequency: 60Hz
• DisplayPort 1.1a compliant
• Latency: Near zero
• Approximate dimensions: 6.5″(W) x 4″(L) x 1.5″(H)
• Power: USB powered
Windows PC/Notebook System Requirements
•DisplayPort video card and DVI Single-Link monitors**
•Available USB port
•Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista™ (32/64bit), Windows XP (32/64bit), Windows Server 2003/2008 (32/64bit), Windows 2000
Macintosh System Requirements
•DisplayPort video card and DVI Single-Link monitors**(note: mini DisplayPort video card requires Mini-DP to DP adapter not included)
•Available USB port
•Mac® OS X v10.4, Mac OS X v10.5, Leopard (32/64bit)
* Please note, features and performance are subject to the capabilities of the computer and graphics solution.
**Recommended: Same type DVI-D Single-Link monitors used, having the same native resolution and 60Hz refresh rate. If different size monitors are used, the adapter will use a resolution common to all 3 monitors.
• DP to 3x DVI Monitor Adapter
The UltraAV comes in a simple retail package that has a picture of the unit on the front and lists some of the features. On the back there is some more information about the device and a few diagrams on how it works.
Opening the package up everything is nicely packed inside. Getting it all out you have the UltraAV device and setup instructions.
Aug 18, 2014 0