Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc., today announced that for the fourth consecutive year, the Call of Duty franchise has delivered the biggest entertainment launch of the year. The highly-anticipated Call of Duty: Black Ops II has achieved an estimated sell-through of more than $500 million worldwide in the first 24 hours of its release, according to Chart-Track, retail customer sell-through information and internal company estimates.
Even with the flood of Ivy Bridge processors and Z77 motherboards out there many people (especially gamers) that still prefer Sandy Bridge-E processors and X79 motherboards. This is because of the increased L3 cache on Sandy Bridge-E processors and the availability of more PCIe lanes. So until there is official word when we will see Ivy Bridge-E processors X79 still remains the high-end when it comes to desktop systems. Today we are taking a look at probably the most feature packed Z79 motherboard we have seen and that is available today. It is the X79 Extreme11 from ASRock and it features 7 PCIe 3.0 x16 slots, 14 SATA ports, 8 USB 3.0 ports and much, much more. ASRock is marketing this board as the “Ultimate X79 Motherboard” and we are going to see if it is! Read on as we take a look at the ASRock X79 Extreme11 Motherboard.
WD, a Western Digital company (NASDAQ:WDC), and a world leader in external storage and solutions for today’s connected life, today unveils the new My Net™ AC1300 HD Dual-Band Router and My Net AC Bridge as the latest additions to the acclaimed My Net family of HD dual-band routers. These products combine next-generation 802.11ac wireless technology with WD’s exclusive […]
When it comes to choosing a device these days things are much different than they were just a few years ago. Now there are so many devices that allow us to complete our daily tasks that it is hard and even sometimes confusing to choose a device when it is time for an upgrade or a new purchase. Intel knows this and we sat down with them to discuss some of the latest Intel-powered Ultrabooks and tablets. They not only let us get our hands on these devices but explained many of the features that are built-in on a hardware level that you will not find with a non-Intel system. Read on as we show you some of these new devices and give you an idea of what to expect to see from Intel-powered devices in the future.
OUR FAVORITE DEAL OF THE DAY!
• Western Digital WD30EFRX Caviar Red Intellipower 3TB 64MB Cache 3.5″ Internal SATA Hard Drive $149.99 plus free shipping (normally $189)
Computers & Peripherals:
• BlackBerry PlayBook 7″ WiFi Tablet 32GB $149.99 plus free shipping (normally $299)
• Refurbished Dell Streak 7 7″ Touchscreen 16GB Flash Memory Internet Tablet $99.99 plus free shipping (normally $199 – use this formEVGA Z68 SLI Intel LGA 1155 ATX Motherboard $49.99 plus free shipping (normally $169 – use this formCorsair XMS CMX8GX3M1A1600C11 8GB DDR3-1600 Desktop Memory $23.99 plus free shipping (normally $36 – use coupon code: EMCJJNB49 and this formHome Entertainment:
• Refurbished Logitech Driving Force GT for PS3 & PS2 $59.99 plus free shipping (normally $149)
• Samsung UN32EH5300F 32in LED LCD Smart HDTV $384.99 plus free shipping (normally $529 – use coupon code: EMCYTZT2524)
• Sony 98050 DualShock 3 Wireless PS3 Controller $29.99 plus free shipping (normally $54 – use this formPersonal Electronics:
• Klipsch WC-24 Icon-W Series Espresso Center Channel Speaker $169.99 plus free shipping (normally $399 – use coupon code: EMCYTZT2522)
• Fuji FinePix JZ100 14MP 8X Optical Zoom Digital Camera $59.99 (normally $149)
Eurocom (www.eurocom.com), offers a complete line of high performance VGA upgrade options ranging from AMD Radeon 7970M, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M, GTX 670MX, GTX 675MX up to GTX 680M that can be used in single and Dual (SLI or CrossFireX) operation.
Swiftech unveiled today an OEM version of the award winning MCP655 pump motor, named the MCP655-PWM DRIVE; the motor differentiates itself from previous versions by featuring PWM speed control. The offering includes the pump motor, the impeller and a fastening collet, but does not include an impeller housing which is the part of a pump featuring the impeller cavity with inlet and outlet ports, and plays an important role in its performance characteristics; this product is in effect specifically intended for integration with after-market housings or reservoirs produced by third party manufacturers.
Integrating new AMD Opteron™ 6300 processors, a full range of ASUS servers and server boards offers greater flexibility with five expansion slots and extreme computing power via support for up to four CPUs and two GPUs in select models (RS920A-E6/RS8, RS924A-E6/RS8 servers) to accommodate the needs of data center, enterprise and HPC applications. The dedicated BIOS developed by ASUS to make the most of the new processors is now available at the official ASUS support site.
ASUS PL-X51P and PL-X52P powerline adapters enter the market as part of a new trend that makes use of prevalent power plugs to offer easy-setup networking that covers entire homes and offices. Doubling the utility of electrical outlets without creating additional clutter, they offer high speed 500Mbps data rates, four Gigabit LAN ports, VIP bandwidth prioritization, and a smart energy-saving standby mode. With their extra-outlet noise filtering design, the compact PL-X51P and PL-X52P deliver on the promise of uncompromising powerline connectivity, giving customers access to wider coverage with no additional infrastructure. The PL-X51 includes one powerline adapter, while the PL-X52P ships as a two-adapter bundle.
Jul 30, 2015 0